Email has just landed in my inbox listing the finalists for this year’s Philip K Dick Award. That, you may recall, is for science fiction first published in paperback. Here they are:
- Failed State by Christopher Brown (Harper Voyager)
- The Book of Koli by M. R. Carey (Orbit)
- Dance on Saturday by Elwin Cotman (Small Beer Press)
- Bone Silence by Alastair Reynolds (Orbit)
- Road out of Winter by Alison Stine (Mira)
- The Doors of Eden by Adrian Tchaikovsky (Orbit)
It is a bit of a sausage-fest, but I’m not going to complain too much as three friends of mine are on the list. It’s great to see Adrian Tchaikovsky getting more attention across the Pond. Al Reynolds absolutely deserves recognition for his Revenger series. And best of all, a book that I had a small part in creating is up there. Well done, Mike. Fingers crossed!