It is that time of year again when we all get a good chuckle over the crazy titles some people have picked for their books. The short list for this year’s Diagram Prize is now available and open for public vote. So what wonderful works do we have this year?
- A Century of Sand Dredging in the Bristol Channel: Volume 2: The Welsh Coast — great local excitement about this, but probably not a winner
- A Taxonomy of Office Chairs — weird, but hardly outstanding
- Estonian Sock Patterns All Around the World — One for you Martha? (personally I’d prefer Estonian beer)
- The Mushroom in Christian Art — I shudder to think what the symbolism might be
- The Great Singapore Penis Panic — ooh, err…
- Mr Andoh’s Pennine Diary: Memoirs of a Japanese Chicken Sexer in 1935 Hebden Bridge — I wonder if Hebden Bridge was a famous lesbian enclave in those days?
- And finally, especially for Ian Mond and Jonathan McCalmont — Cooking with Poo
If only all awards were this much fun.