The Eurocon program has mutated a little, as a result of which my Saturday has become a bit busier. Here’s the new schedule.
- 11:00 “E-books – the current development and the future”, which I am on
- 12:00 A session about next year’s Eurocon in Zagreb
- 14:00 A panel on Feminist SF, which I’m not on but which should be interesting
- 17:00 ESFS Awards Ceremony, including me announcing the winners of the translation awards
- 18:00 Charlie Stross interviews Hannu Rajaniemi
- 19:00 Group discussion: Books From My Country Which Should be Translated, on which I want to report
- 20:00 “The Hugos Today and 40 Years Ago, A Comparison”, which I am on
And after that there will be the UK in 2014 party. And I’ll need to update the translation awards website, and send out a press release.
Finally, if anyone from Stockholm is reading this, I’d appreciate some transport advice. It looks pretty easy to get into Stockholm from the airport, but the Arlanda Express goes direct to Stockholm Central and I need to get to Östra. I can think of three possible options:
- There may be commuter trains from Arlanda that stop at Östra
- Or local trains from Central to Östra
- Or I could get the Metro red line from Central to Tekniska högskolan
Any recommendations? Bearing in mind that I will have a fairly heavy suitcase.