Because I have been busy for the past three days…
– One of the reasons I love cosmology is the timescales over which things happen. This story, about a star eating a planet, explains that the poor planet may only have 10 millions years left to live.
– Over at Deep Sea News Dr. M discusses what the effects of the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico might be.
– Oliver Morton has a round-up of interesting discussion about the “artificial life” story, including Ken MacLeod’s article for The Guardian.
– Rose Fox has a fun new book out.
– That “gay couple” prosecuted in Malawi? Apparently not a gay couple at all. Natacha Kennedy explains.
– There will be a Tolkien Art Exhibition in Gloucestershire in August.
– Tero explains why Åcon is so much fun (hint: chocolate!)
– There’s a new issue of Yipe! out.