Because I have been busy for the past three days…
- One of the reasons I love cosmology is the timescales over which things happen. This story, about a star eating a planet, explains that the poor planet may only have 10 millions years left to live.
- Over at Deep Sea News Dr. M discusses what the effects of the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico might be.
- Oliver Morton has a round-up of interesting discussion about the “artificial life” story, including Ken MacLeod’s article for The Guardian.
- Rose Fox has a fun new book out.
- That “gay couple” prosecuted in Malawi? Apparently not a gay couple at all. Natacha Kennedy explains.
- There will be a Tolkien Art Exhibition in Gloucestershire in August.
- Tero explains why Åcon is so much fun (hint: chocolate!)
- There’s a new issue of Yipe! out.