Because you can never have too many books:
– According to The Independent the most talked about book at this year’s Bologna Children’s Book Fair was The Emerald Atlas by John Stephens which is described as “Narnia-like”. Stephens’ previous claim to fame was as executive producer of the TV series, Gossip Girl.
– Chris Roberson announces that the new Kim Newman Diogenes Club collection, Mysteries of the Diogenes Club, is available for pre-order from Monkey Brain.
– The excellent J.M. McDermott has apparently found a new publisher after the demise of the Wizards of the Coast publishing arm.
– Larry Nolen has a fascinating review of Karel Čapek’s War with the Newts.
– Jonathan Clements’ new book, A Brief History of the Samurai, is, “everything you always wanted to know about the samurai, but were too afraid of ritual disembowelment to ask.” If you are planning to write about medieval Japan you need this book, because Jonathan is very good.