Because everyone else is doing it, and because some people need a reminder not to nominate me in certain categories…
- If I get a nomination for Best Fan Writer this year I will decline – don’t waste your vote
- I do not consider Cheryl’s Mewsings to be a fanzine – don’t waste your vote
- Clarkesworld is still eligible for Best Semiprozine, and if Aussiecon 4 follows previous precedent (which they may not) I would be a nominee*.
- Most of the web sites I run have far too little new material as a percentage of the total to qualify as a Related Work. The exception is ConReporter.com.
- This piece of idiocy is technically a short story, though I’d be amazed if anyone nominated it
* The members of the Clarkesworld team that have the title “editor” are Neil Clarke, Sean Wallace and me. In 2008 Nick Mamatas held the job I now have, and he was on the ballot for 2009. Personally I think that Kate Baker deserves recognition for the podcasts, but I also know how much Hugo Administrators hate burgeoning credit lists. Ultimately it is up to Neil and Vince Docherty as to who to list. If we get a nomination and I’m not listed I won’t complain.