A new year, and a new issue of Clarkesworld Magazine goes online. In this issue we have:
- “The Things” – a story by Peter Watts
- “All the King’s Monsters” – a story by Megan Arkenberg
- An interview with Lucius Shepard, by Jason S. Ridler
- “Video Game Sci-Fi Comes of Age” – non-fiction by Brian Trent
- “Warm” – cover art by Sergio Rebolledo
The Peter Watts story is also available as a podcast. I’m particularly pleased to have a story by Peter in this issue and I hope everyone who reads it will leave an encouraging message for him in the comments.
Also in this issue, Neil has launched our annual reader poll. Everyone who votes is eligible to win a copy of the fabulous Wyrm Publishing anthology: Unplugged: The Web’s Best Sci-Fi & Fantasy – 2008 Download, which highlights the best online SF&F of 2008. And when you are considering which stories and cover art to vote for in our poll, please also remember that Hugo nominations are now open. (Clarkesworld is, as usual, eligible in Best Semiprozine).
Finally we have some changes coming up in 2010. We will be publishing some longer stories, more fiction, and more podcasts. Neil has the details here.