Last night was great, particularly the response from the audience. Loads of people came up to me afterwards and said they’d be going out to buy books.
I’ll do a longer post later, with the slide pack, but I can’t do that right now because the Internet access here won’t let me FTP. For now I’d just like to thank the following:
- Alan Greaves and the Flagship team for inviting me and organizing the event
- Andy Sawyer, the University Library and the SF Foundation for sponsoring the event
- The Vice Chancellor, Professor Beer, for her support and for understanding the importance of diversity
- The 100+ people who turned up to listen to me ramble on
- Leah Moore & John Reppion for looking after me so well in the evening
- Brew Dog for opening a Liverpool bar and stocking the bacon-flavored beer
Audio recordings were made. Fingers crossed those will be available fairly soon.