The results of this year’s Tiptree Award were announced yesterday. The winner is Redwood and Wildfire by Andrea Hairston (Aqueduct Press, 2011). I’ve not read it myself, but I have heard really good things about it.
Just as important to the Tiptree is the honors list which is as follows:
- Libba Bray, Beauty Queens (Scholastic Press 2011)
- L. Timmel Duchamp, “The Nones of Quintilus” (in her collection Never at Home, Aqueduct Press 2011)
- Kameron Hurley, God’s War (Night Shade Books 2011)
- Gwyneth Jones, The Universe of Things (Aqueduct Press 2011)
- Alice Sola Kim, “The Other Graces” (Asimov’s Science Fiction, July 2010)
- Sandra McDonald, “Seven Sexy Cowboy Robots” (Strange Horizons, 2010.10.04)
- Maureen F. McHugh, “After the Apocalypse” (in her collection After the Apocalypse, Small Beer Press 2011)
- Delia Sherman, The Freedom Maze (Big Mouth House 2011)
- Kim Westwood, The Courier’s New Bicycle (Harper Voyager Australia 2011)
God’s War is on my Hugo ballot, and I’m pretty sure that “Seven Sexy Cowboy Robots” was last year. I have also heard really good things about The Universe of Things, After the Apocalypse and The Freedom Maze. My enthusiastic review of The Courier’s New Bicycle can be found here. On that basis, I’m pretty sure the others will be excellent too. Well done the Tiptree jury.