Because the world keeps getting more weird, and religious bigots keep shooting themselves in the foot.
– First up a humiliating defeat for right-wing bishops as the House of Lords decides that the Church of England does not have the right to force all religions to hate gays.
– Then we have one of those lovely stories about gay-hating Republican politicians being caught frequenting gay bars. This time it is a California state senator who was a leading proponent of “Proposition H8”.
– Not to be outdone, a Vatican chorister has been sacked for running a gay prostitution ring. Nice to see your boys setting a good example, Mr. Pope.
– Meanwhile South Carolina is compiling a register of people plotting to overthrow the US government. Several amusing Discordians appear to have registered, but no sign of Sarah Palin as yet.
– Back with sanity, Nick Harkaway is plugging a fundraiser anthology helping victims of the Haiti earthquake.
– And finally, one of the cutest things I have read in a long time: Georgia Roberson writes a letter to Dr. Seuss.