My pal Eugene Byrne has provided the script for a local history project in Bristol. You can now get an iPhone app that will take you on a guided tour of Bristol, pointing out areas where the city was changed as a result of the heavy bombing it experienced during the Second World War (Bristol was both a major port and a centre for aircraft production). The idea is to produce something like the guided tour recordings you get in museums, except that it is something you can do yourself out in the city streets. Ideally, of course, you should be in Bristol, but I’m wondering how it would work if you used Google Streetview instead. Eugene has more details on his blog.
EU Cookie LawFor information on how "cookies" are used by this website, click here.
Featured Bookstore LinkThe Swordsman's Oath by Juliet E. McKenna
Cheryl Morgan is the editor of Salon Futura
Cheryl Morgan is the former non-fiction editor for Clarkesworld Magazine. The magazine won two Hugo Awards while she was on the staff.
- About to start commentary on the 10-a-side final between Montpelier & Dublin #UnioinCup 2 hours ago
- Another promising Bisons attack ends with a handling error. #UnionCup #uc13 3 hours ago
- Bisons's James Blackwell being helped off the field with a leg injury. Ambulance arriving. #UnionCup #uc13 3 hours ago
- Bisons camped in the Berlin 22. Handling errors letting them down. #UnionCup #uc13 3 hours ago
- Try Berlin, and the conversion is good. Berlin lead 19-12 #UnionCup #uc13 3 hours ago
Select Posts By:
Hugo Winner 2009
Best Fan Writer
See Best of 2008 for samples of eligible work