While I was out yesterday the short lists for the Lambda Literary Awards were announced. I’m pleased to see several friends on the lists.
Roz Kaveney gets a nod in the Trans Fiction category for her poetry collection, Dialectic of the Flesh from A Midsummer Night’s Press.
Malinda Lo’s Adapatation is a finalist in the Children/YA category. And of course it is always pleasing to see lots of books up for that award.
Most of the interest, however, centers on the SF/F/H category. Here’s the list:
- Beyond Binary: Genderqueer and Sexually Fluid Speculative Fiction, Brit Mandelo, Lethe Press
- Chocolatiers of the High Winds: A Gay Steampunk Romance, H.B. Kurtzwilde, Clasp Editions; An Imprint of Circlet Press
- Green Thumb, Tom Cardamone, Lethe Press
- Heiresses of Russ 2012: the Year’s Best Lesbian Speculative Fiction, Connie Wilkins and Steve Berman, Lethe Press
- In the Now, Kelly Sinclair, Blue Feather Books
- Night Shadows: Queer Horror, Greg Herren and J.M. Redmann, eds., Bold Strokes Books
- The Survivors, Sean Eads, Lethe Press
Huge congratulations to Brit, whose book I reviewed here. I don’t have The Survivors yet, but the other three Lethe titles are available in the book store either via the links above or these nifty widgets.